Your Yoga therapist and Instructor
Hi, my name is Panagiota Cook, my friends call me Penny. I have been a Yoga Instructor since 2005, Yoga therapist since 2013 and founder of Bodytone Yoga. A registered member with the Australasian Association of Yoga Therapists with clinical experience and Level 2 Yoga Australia accredited teacher. With a background in Performance Studies (Theatre) I am also the Artistic Director of Yogadance Company (est. 2007) taking yoga fitness into the performing arts, fostering deep exploration into self and other, creative expression, movement therapy with music and connecting with the joy of life!
My journey in fitness and wellbeing began at the playground as a child – I still play at the park and the beach! Then gym classes and research into the benefits of meditation during my high school years, a few years of martial arts, a love for dancing and singing, and of course Yoga non-stop since 2001. More recently, since 2015 and following the birth of my first child, I have also introduced the Pilates method to my practice. I embrace the fullness of what Yoga has to offer for mind-body and respect the spiritual tradition it draws from while keeping to my personal spiritual belief system. I warmly embrace and respect you who come to my classes for what you believe is important in your life. Our focus together is on fitness, relaxation, rehabilitation, meditation and creative expression as you nurture a deeper connection with your whole body and restore your balance for good health and happiness.
What drives me?
I love being part of your journey in fitness, rehabilitation, creative expression and freedom to move or be still with gracefulness. I love getting to know you and seeing you thrive in life.
- Level 2 Yoga Teacher, Yoga Australia Registered Member
- Graduate Certificate in Yoga Therapy, Australian Institute of Yoga Therapy, 2013
- Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Teaching Training Certificate, 2012
- Advanced Yoga Studies & Teacher Training Certificate, 2005
- Applied Anatomy & Physiology of Hatha Yoga Certificate, 2005
- Rainbow Kids Yoga Teacher Training, 2011
- Active After-School Community Coach Training Program, 2013
- Certificate in Thai Massage Level 1, Sydney College of Thai Massage, 2000
- Bachelor of Arts in Performance Studies, HRM and IR, The University of Sydney 2001
Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Apprenticeship with Nadia DiLorenzo, 2004-2005
Yoga for Dancers Intensive with Hilary Cartwright 2009
Teaching Yoga at Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, UK, 2009
Professional NRL Sports Team (A-Grade Level), Stretch Training Provider, 2011 -2012
Back-Bending Workshop with Venkatesha V., Expert Yoga Therapist, Mysore, India, 2011
Yoga and Creative Dance Summer Intensive, Mangala Studios, 2013
Broadway Dance Center, New York City, Dance Training Retreat, December, 2013
iRest Meditation Workshop with Richard Miller, 2015
Hi, I am Sanobia Palkhiwala, a dedicated yogi, Yoga Instructor, Early Childhood Teacher and Academic Researcher. I have been leading yoga-based work with rural and underpriviledged communities in Jamaica and India since 2010.
I love teaching yoga with children, teachers, corporate groups and mothers groups. Sharing the practices and philosophies of yoga with an open spirit and warmth.
My journey in Yoga began in 2001 when I was introduced to the practice by my father. Since that initial introduction, I have never looked back. I began practicing with Penny Cook in 2007 as one of her first Yogadance Students. I have also practiced Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Birkam Yoga and attended various Meditation retreats.
What drives me?
“Yoga is about developing self-awareness which in turn fosters a more connected and harmonious community. I see the value everyday in sharing yoga with people from all walks of life, be they school children in Sydney, young mothers in rural Jamaica or teachers and pre-school children in India. Yoga is about connection to self and connection to others.”
- Registered Yoga Australia Provisional Member, 2014
- Teacher Training Certificate, Yoga Institute, Santa Cruz, 2012
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Masters in Educational Leadership (Early Childhood)
- PhD Candidate: Thesis on Facilitating Professional Learning, Embedding Yoga Principles into a Disadavantaged Preschool in Mumbai, India
- University Tutor, Institute of Early Childhood, Macquarie University, 2013-present.
Sanobia has run various programs which focused on yoga within a at risk communities, such as new migrant families and women experiencing domestic violence. She has also initiated and run two yoga-based programs in South-West Sydney for mothers and their toddlers, funded by a Parenting Program. Currently conducting PhD Research in a slum-area Preschool in Mumbai, India. Working with the teachers, sharing yoga practices with them to enrich their teaching and interactions with the children.